RE: Why not Word?

Subject: RE: Why not Word?
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:41:57 -0000

> In our experiences, Word 97 is extrememly unstable on XP, which
> I'd assumed was 16 vs 32-bit achitecture. I don't care about the
> functions, but I do care about productivity and data loss.

That is not correct. Word 95 was the first 32-bit version of Word. I have
test machines running Word 97 on Windows XP and it is not more unstable than
Word 97 on other versions of Windows, and probably more stable than on Win9x
platforms.

If there is instability, then it may be because of conflicts with other
programs or because of file corruption. A cleanup & reinstall may help.

If you have specific problems, then you may be able to get help on the
Microsoft Word newsgroups.

Regards
Jonathan West

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com