RE: Help Finding "Report Covers" With Longer Spines!

Subject: RE: Help Finding "Report Covers" With Longer Spines!
From: "Laurel Hickey" <lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:19:38 -0800

Hi Steven

I haven't seen the longer ones either. Depending on the number of reports
you have to do, you might consider separate fronts and backs and then use
binding screws. They come in a variety of lengths and do an excellent job of
holding those larger stacks of papers. I find the backs of the screws can
scratch the desktop, so a foldback cardstock back as per the report covers
is an idea. If you need a fair number, try a local bindery ... they do lots
of hand work like that and may have some trade alternatives that you don't
run into at Staples.

-------------------------------------
Laurel Hickey
2morrow writing & document design
lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca
http://www.2morrow.bc.ca

All well and good... except at the stores (Staples, Office Depot), the
longest tabs I can find are 1/2 inch. I am looking for tabs that are at
least 3/4 inch, or possibly one inch. The actual brand of the product I
have is Oxford Deluxe Clear Front Report Covers (though again, they are
really binders, not just covers), and the parent company is Esselte. A
visit to their Web site does not reveal any means to order anything
directly, nor does it indicate the details of their product line.

I am seeking the same product, or similar product from another company, but
with the longer tabs (3/4 or one inch). Any leads (i.e., a specific Web
page, or brand and specific product number) would be very much appreciated.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com