RE: Lost Password in Acrobat 6

Subject: RE: Lost Password in Acrobat 6
From: "John Fleming" <johntwrl -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:11:55 +0000

From: "Richard Kwiatkowski" (RKwiatkowski -at- provenir -dot- com)
Subject: Lost Password in Acrobat 6

I hope someone can help me. I have to update old documentation that the
previous writer wrote, converted to a PDF and then password protected
the document. Thing is, she did not disclose the password (the .doc
version is no where to be found). My question, is there anyway I can get
around the password protection in Acrobat 6.0 to convert the PDF to a
Word document?

Another option, that doesn't appear to have been suggested, is that if she didn't disable copying, you can highlight the text in the pdf, copy it, and past it into a word document.

That will get the text.

--
John Fleming
Technical Writer

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com