RE: TOOLS: PageMaker to Word

Subject: RE: TOOLS: PageMaker to Word
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:30:41 -0500

My old client/prospect says he can deliver RTF files to me. I'm trying to
create an estimate on the cost, but I'm not sure my estimates are good. This
is not a huge job: six small manuals (two are to be combined), so just five
small manuals. I'd appreciate some help with formulating an estimate, so if
you have any comments on the following estimate, please let me have them.

ESTIMATE

Total pages: 204.

I. Design and test user guide template; submit for approval; revise as
necessary - 8-10 hours
II. Create five documents (light copyediting included) - 15-30 hours
III. Proofread documents; edit as necessary using Track Changes in Word - 30
hours
(Optional) IV. Create brief template user guide (6 pages) and editorial
style sheet for company - 3-6 hours

Thanks,

Bonnie Granat | www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com