Re: Job Offer

Subject: Re: Job Offer
From: "T.W. Smith" <techwordsmith -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:34:43 -0500

USA-based companies are required by law to make sure the people they
hire can legally work in the USA. There's a form, it might be called
an "I-9," that the employer's representative fills out to say they've
verified the employee's eligibility for employment and includes check
boxes to show which method of eligibility was used. In this regard,
photocopying an original green card or passport is usual -- in my
experience, these documents were never left with the employer, but
were presented for photocopying and received back in one session.

The copy of the original degree cert. is a new one on me, but given
how folks can lie about that, it makes sense for some positions.

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:30:20 +0530, Shampa <shampa -at- quantum-bso -dot- com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Recently one of my friend got a job offer from a reputed IT company.
>
> They are asking him to submit original Passpot copy and original
>
> degree certificate. I never heard company's asking for originals.
>
> They said, they can only give him a offer letter, after he submits his
>
> Passport and degree certificate. But, once he joins the company he will
>
> get all his documents back.
>
> According to me, we should not give our original documents to anyone.
>
> I think he should'nt go for this offer.
>
> What you guys think? He should go for this job?

======
T.

Remember, this is online. Take everything with a mine of salt and a grin.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com