RE: Don't want absolute filespec

Subject: RE: Don't want absolute filespec
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:00:03 -0500

Bill,

Create a simple htm page, with a couple of gifs and use css.
Place the css and gifs in a directory named for the htm page,
like "test.htm" and "test_files" (for the directory name).

Now, in Win XP explorer, begin to rename the htm file.
Windows stops you and asks if you really wish to do it.
You CAN do it, but the dialog suggests that you use
IE to open and "Save as...", instead.

If that doesn't work, then there's a Windows Explorer setting
to keep/not keep associated files together when moving/copying.

Anyway, I got the clue I needed... to just name the directory
with an unrelated name (so Windows stops paying attention to
the connection). I'll only have to fix the page-component links
one more time, and it should be fine thereafter.

Kevin

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com