Re: Creating PDF forms

Subject: Re: Creating PDF forms
From: David Castro <thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:48:15 -0500

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:46:25 +1100, Partridge, Robert
<Robert -dot- Partridge -at- au -dot- unisys -dot- com> wrote:

> Adobe Lifecycle Reader Extensions is something that sits behind your firewall
> and provides this additional functionality to Reader live to users. [...] I thought the
> price a joke really (tens of thousands of AU dollars) considering
> that you can get similar functionality using secure web-based forms
> for a fraction of the cost.

Especially since there are components that you can use after
collecting the form data on your web site to automatically generate a
PDF with the data put in the right places on the form. I think there
is even some open source that lets you do that (read: free). It's on
my list of things to try someday. :-)

If anyone would like to see how you can use a web form to collect the
data that is entered in your PDF forms, you can check out a demo that
I wrote some time back at
http://jsp.davidcastro.com/acrobat/index.html. However, I just
discovered that it doesn't work with the newest version of the Reader.
I'll have to look into that. Someday. <Sigh>

-David Castro
thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com