Re: Revisiting Frame vs. Word in light of new capabilities

Subject: Re: Revisiting Frame vs. Word in light of new capabilities
From: keithwriter -at- hotmail -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:40:18 -0700

Carpenter #1: I need you to cut this board down to four feet in length.

Carpenter #2: Okay, I'll break it off at the four-foot point with my
hammer.

Carpenter #1: Why a hammer? Why not use a saw?

Carpenter #2: But I really, REALLY like hammers.

Okay, that's not entirely on target here, but it seems like you're asking
not for a genuine comparison, but for support of your predetermined
preference, one which shows some pretty big gaps in your knowledge of what
Word can do.

As somebody else said, pull back, and determine what the best tool is for
the COMPANY, not for you. Hey, if they choose Word, and it forces you to
get good at using it, that's one more skill to add to your resume.

Keith C
tools, schmools.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com