RE: Can't get there from here

Subject: RE: Can't get there from here
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:45:11 -0500

To all those who offered suggestions that involve placing "\\" in front of
the my servername, that works only for people who are in the same local
domain. If I place "\\" in front of the local domain server or higher, it
doesn't work. (Not even for me, let alone anybody outside this building. It
just generates a Windows error message.)

Placing "<< >>" around the whole chain didn't work either.

The problem has been how to make a single clickable link that works for
people in the various other domains within the company. This is a company
that has grown by buying out several other companies, so almost every
regional office or plant has its own IT structure that in turn grew by
entrepreneurial spasms.

So, it hasn't been cleanly planned from a top-down perspective.

I'm sagely assured that if it was Linux servers from end to end, and Linux
on the desktops, this wouldn't be a problem. But it ain't, so it is. :-)

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be
privileged and confidential, and therefore, protected from disclosure. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by replying to this message, and then delete it from your computer without
copying or disclosing it.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com