Re: What Are Writing Skills?

Subject: Re: What Are Writing Skills?
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:49:40 -0700

Here, here. You just sort of summed up my opinion of this thread. It became obvious early on, that Mr. Markos didn't want to hear what we were saying as much as have us agree with him. I believe he would have had a much more meaningful conversation and probably would have gotten a lot more valuable information had he been a lot less antagonistic with his responses. Anyway, I'm done with this thread. I have more important things to do, like watching Iron Chef.

Al

Dick Margulis wrote:

Tony Markos wrote:

How about recommended steps and techniques? There has
to be more to structured writing than statements
expounding "Ya gotta do it" and fluffy comments about
it being a "concept" or "way of thinking".

Okay, Tony, you win. There is no such thing as structured writing. There is no such thing as technical writing. There is no such thing as writing at all. The world as you know it is a figment of your imagination and none of us are real. But if you count slowly backward from ten your long nightmare will end.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
From Concept to Completion

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com