Re: Content Management - Info for my manager

Subject: Re: Content Management - Info for my manager
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:27:45 -0800

Lisa M. Bronson wrote:

If you know of any good resources for getting management-level information
about content management and XML (articles, Web sites, possibly books),
would you please let me know? Technical information for me is good, too,
but I'm primarily looking for stuff for him right now.

Hi, Lisa:

You don't say whether you need to convince your manager that a CMS would be useful. However, if you do, it's worth noting that if you do a search for "content management system" on Sourceforge, you get all sorts of results - all open source, and some web-based or Windows-based. In other words, your company can implement a CMS without having to pay for a software licence.

For specific information, I suggest that you look at specific sites.For example, Moodle, a CMS specifically for education (although possibly useful in an office setting as well), has a description of its features at:

http://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=34&username=guest

Much of the general information on one site should be applicable to CMSes in general.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Your Ad Here! Have a product or service you'd like to get some attention for? Use this space to get the word out! Contact lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com for more details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com