Word question: sm black squares next to only some heads?

Subject: Word question: sm black squares next to only some heads?
From: "Becky Edmondson" <beckyed -at- rcn -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:45:44 -0500

while setting up outline numbered heads in a Word template, suddenly a very
small black box appeard in the left margin next to each instance of *only*
heads 1 through 4. I tried all the usual things, for ex closing and
reopening Word. They persisted, and only for the 1-4 heads.

What are they? Do they indicate that something's wrong with my template?

Cannot find anything online about them--or indeed about any other Word
symbols other than the standard formatting marks. If anyone can point me to
a list, I'd be grateful.

I am using Word's built-in heads but following Shauna Kelly's instructions
for setting them up as outline heads (see www.shaunakelly.com). I followed
these instructions to the letter.

Note: Not using Word is not an option on this contract.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com