RE: Displays vs. Appears

Subject: RE: Displays vs. Appears
From: "Radhika R Shankar" <rshankar -at- austin -dot- utexas -dot- edu>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:05:56 -0600

Sorry your American boss quit-in my experience working with and writing
for the US audience for a long time, "When you click the Home page icon,
the Techwhirler Home page displays" is not preferred here "appears" is
better. If you are referring to a message on the Home page, "displays"
works fine.

Radhika