re: Acrobat Hand Tool

Subject: re: Acrobat Hand Tool
From: Shlomo Perets <shlomo2 -at- microtype -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 08:33:17 +0200

Damien,

You wrote:

> It's Friday and I have a little irritation that I hope somebody can help
> with. I've looked at this for some time now and got nowhere - perhaps
> there's nowhere to go! Anyway, here goes - using Acrobat 6.01.
> I receive comments in Acrobat to be incorporated into FM and I have them
> both open (1/2 screen each). I have the magnification in Acrobat set to
> suit me but there's a problem when using the Hand Tool.
> If I'm in the margins I can happily scroll down - no problem.
> If I'm on text, it changes to the article pointer (hand with down arrow)
> which steps down a page on clicking. The problem is, it also ups the
> scaling - surely there's a way to stop it doing this???

If you are dealing with existing PDFs, you can delete the article
by selecting the Article tool, clicking the article and pressing Delete
(choose to delete entire article).
[ no harm caused by deleting the article; for more info on articles,
see http://www.microtype.com/Hmmms.html#0406 ]

To prevent the creation of Acrobat article threads in new PDFs
authored in FrameMaker, turn off "Articles" in FrameMaker's PDF Setup
dialog box, Bookmarks tab.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker/Acrobat training & consulting * FrameMaker-to-Acrobat TimeSavers
Template Design, Single Sourcing, FM-to-PDF & Technical Indexing seminars

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com