Job change issue

Subject: Job change issue
From: TecWriter -at- comcast -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 17:22:15 -0600

Hi All:

I am an onsite contract tech writer for a major company (Company No. 1) in
the east coast. I got a call from another major company (Company No. 2)for
another onsite contract, interviewed and got the job. But here is the
problem:

I used to work for No 2 for a short time as a full time person 4 years ago
and left after a few weeks because of bad chemistry with the team and a
bad fit for my technical skills (the job is not listed on my resume). My
potential soon to be new manager at No. 2 has no clue that I used to work
there but I know he knows the manager I used to work for. Before I take
this contract, should I tell my potential new manager at company No 2
about my history there, should I take the contract, or should I turn the
job down and not provide a reason? How should I approach talking to the
new manager if I chose to go that route?

Thanks

TecWriter

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com