RE: Adobe Creative Suite

Subject: RE: Adobe Creative Suite
From: "Jens Reineking" <J -dot- Reineking -at- interkomelectronic -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 11:22:20 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Elizabeth,

regarding XML, I simply have no clue what works and what not. And if the XML support has been
extended in CS2.
>From the CS2 FAQ:
Enhanced XML support Import XML files using enhanced import options, which give you flexible
control and make it easier to achieve the results you want. Create a link to an XML file on import
for easier updating. Apply XML tags to InDesign tables, and then import XML content into or export
it from those tables.

HTML. Hmmm. InDesign CS has a feature "Package for GoLive", which replace the HTML export from
InD2. One workaround discussed on the InDesign list is to export to pdf and then to save as HTML.
The package command generates files for graphics and texts which then can be dragged into GoLive
to build the HTML pages.

Jens

<zitiere wer="Elizabeth O'Shea">
> Hi Jens -
>
> Thanks for the detail about Adobe Creative Suite. I noticed in the InDesign
> Classroom in a Book that you can use XML tags with InDesign. We're moving
> our documentation to a single sourcing model, so that really caught my eye.
> We do have an old version of FrameMaker that we can upgrade, but it would be
> lovely to have the one tool for both our marketing and documentation.
>
> I remember years ago Quark introduced a plug-in that converted pages to
> html. Do you know if you can do that with InDesign?
>
> Ta.
>
> elizabeth
>

> elizabeth -dot- oshea -at- virtualaccess -dot- com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com