Re: RoboHelp For Word Crash/Reboot Problem

Subject: Re: RoboHelp For Word Crash/Reboot Problem
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:56:45 -0400

Hi Derk,

I cheerfully admit that this is purely anecdotal and not based on any
research, test, or article -- just the occasional "me, too" from others
(e.g., the suggestion that Steven O. received from Macromedia's RoboHelp
forum).

I have seen the problem at companies using Word 2000 or 2002 (XP), but I
have not yet seen it in Word 2003. At least some of the crashes might
have been caused by template styles or linked graphics that are
automatically updated over a network.

You report that Word doesn't corrupt more often than the other
applications that you run over the network. The question is, would Word
have corrupted *less* often if it had been run locally?

Thanks,

Dan