RE: What is wrong with this sentence?

Subject: RE: What is wrong with this sentence?
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:57:07 -0700

Or better yet -

"Using the XYZ interface, you can create folders for storing your personal
card information."

But I would not write the sentence as a feature-based sentence. Write it as
what the user is doing. They assume if it's a task they can do in your
product that the interface provides that. My preference, if I was editing:

"You can create folders for storing your personal card information. Storing
your card information lets you... After you store your card information, you
can... Before you start, make sure you have...

1. In the XYZ area/whatever, click..... "

sharon

Sharon Burton
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
951-369-8590