Re: Is Robohelp Going Away

Subject: Re: Is Robohelp Going Away
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 17:10:31 -0400

> What it *will* do is generate software and training costs that,
> given Adobe's proud pricing, can be significant for independents.

It's not significant if you plan for it. Your independent rate should
account for infrastructure, or, you build the price of the software as
a flat cost into the contract agreement.

> "Integrated"? Chizen's saying, in effect, that customers are
> calling for the integration of Adobe and MM. Are they? At what
> cost and for what benefit -- and to whom? Sounds like he means
> "stockholders". Not the same thing. Who eats the cost of churn?

No, they're calling for integrated applications. Like FrameMaker and
WebWorks Publisher. Like most Adobe products and Acrobat. Like
Dreamweaver and Fireworks. And, what do you mean by "Adobe and MM",
exactly? Each company has a couple dozen product offerings... As for
eating the cost of churn, you only eat it if you want to.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com