RE: watch your language! (or don't)

Subject: RE: watch your language! (or don't)
From: "Laurel Hickey" <lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 19:31:28 -0700

Gee, and I was gonna say he forgot to mention he looked just fine in the
cutaway jacket and blue jeans of literary fiction.

He teased the line out with that little wiggle. You snapped.

Go d.

-------------------------------------
Laurel Hickey
2morrow writing & document design
lhickey -at- 2morrow -dot- bc -dot- ca
http://www.2morrow.bc.ca

> ok by me. but try this. i like to think of a kind of language agility.
> why couldn't one move with the contexts, moving in and out of various
> language games, using language like one might use clothes,
> accessories, or any other means of self-expression? why not be-bop in
> one context while blue-grassing in another? why not hip-hop on the bus
> and twang with the venders at the farmers' market*?

That might be fine if you knew when to apply what styles and conventions...I
might then believe you are doing it intentionally. However, I don't think
you are. If you did, you would know that you were addressing an audience to
whom usage and grammar are important and you would have used capital letters
where they are called for.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com