RE: What audience should I target?

Subject: RE: What audience should I target?
From: "Pytlak, Michael" <PytlakMJ -at- cdm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 10:13:38 -0400

If accessible, take the hunt for audience information outside of the
development group.

See if you can turn up the information from sales and marketing.
Although the targeted decision maker may not be the actual user, I am
willing to bet that sales can give you an idea of who is using the
product and how they are using it. Sales may even be able to tell you
what past customers have thought about the quality of past
documentation. Strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Your customer service department or help desk may be able to help you
understand the most frequent types of problems users encounter, which
may help you develop some type persona for which you can write.

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com