Auto run CDs

Subject: Auto run CDs
From: "Michael Collier" <mcollier -at- maryland -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:31:53 -0600

Couple questions about auto run CDs.

I'll be adding an autorun.inf file to the CD root that launches an HTML
page to be used for navigating the CD's contents.

Is support for autorun widespread enough that the vast majority of users
will be able to insert the CD and have the navigation page come up
automatically, or is autorun contingent upon CD drivers, hardware,
operating systems, etc.?

I think most of our users will have computers new enough that they support
Windows scripting (needed for autorun), but I'm wondering if there are
other sources of problems I should anticipate. I only need to worry about
Windows users for this CD.

Thanks for any ideas.
Michael

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com