RE: Help with a Technical Writing career

Subject: RE: Help with a Technical Writing career
From: "Rob Domaschuk" <rdomaschuk -at- printable -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:28:38 -0500

John P. writes:

> ...about what do you know enough of
> that some one would find it instructive?

John's correct. I don't know where you are, but there will be aeronautics companies that would absolutely appreciate a writer with some real experience "on the stick". Talk about understanding your target audience!

What you will find out about us tech writers - and not just those of us on this list - is that we are proud of the work we do even though we disagree (vehemently at times) about how to do it.

Find your niche, accept that there will be trying times as you get started, but just get started.

Rob Domaschuk,
Training and Communications Developer
Printable Technologies, Inc. * 312.853.8337

www.Printable.com

"The compelling force of all times has
been the force of originality and creation."
- Ansel Adams

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com