Re: Office Space Guilt

Subject: Re: Office Space Guilt
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 12:38:57 -0700 (PDT)

> > long-term employees are angry that I leapfrogged them, and are
> > expressing it in no uncertain terms.

At a company where I was given a choice office...this was in CA (I
was in Sacramento) and about 10 minutes away (Rancho Cordova?) was an
indoor firearms range...3-4 of us would take a lunch, rent big-bore
pistols and blast a box of ammo....talk about releasing frustration.
You could choose whatever type of target you wanted and sometimes
we'd pick human profile targets.

One day. I got lucky and produced a tight group of about 4 inches
with a 9mm. I brought the target back to my office and pinned it to
the wall.

Funny thing...alot of the sideways looks stopped about that time.
Hmm...

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

?Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone
amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built
the Titanic.? - Dave Barry

New from Quadralay Corporation: WebWorks ePublisher Pro! Easily create
14 online formats, including 6 Help systems, in a project-based
workflow. Live, online demo! http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com