RE: How To: Tactfully deal with salary questions in TW job interviews?

Subject: RE: How To: Tactfully deal with salary questions in TW job interviews?
From: "Kathleen" <keamac -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:18:16 -0700

These were both temp posts, so hourly. One was W2, I couldn't find out
what the other was--the interviewer wasn't sure about that herself.
I liked the suggestions from everyone, especially the statistical quotes
and the suggestions to ask for the rate being offered.
One of the reasons I'd like a tactful way to deal with the situations is
that both those interviews devolved from the salary conversation. In the
future, I'd like to handle things so that they progress rather than
devolve, if at all possible.
Kathleen