Re: Program to run programs afterhours

Subject: Re: Program to run programs afterhours
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:22:13 -0400

To do this under Unix, use cron. Under Windows it is
possible to run the Unix-like thingee called Cygwin (it's
free) and run cron under Cygwin. Cygwin makes Windows
look like Unix.

John Posada wrote:

Hi, guys...I'm looking for suggestions for programs that you may be
using to launch and run applications unattended...something with more
control than a Windows-included application.

Currently, I'm using two applications for documenting ASP, SQL, and
.NET applications. Each of them has a command line interface. Some of
them need to be run multiple times (one 20 different times) against
different internal defined project configurations.

I'm looking for more control to address issues such as error logging,
skipping over one if is not availabel yet still advancing to the next
one in line, maybe returning to ones that failed thhe first time to
try again, etc.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com