RE: Windows folder setting

Subject: RE: Windows folder setting
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 02:21:14 -0400

Keep trying, Dan. It should work.

Make sure that only one window is open to Windows Explorer. Close
WE, open it again, and then try it again.

(The Apply to All Folders just governs the View tab -- list, icons,
details, and so forth.)

If it still doesn't work, click Restore Defaults on any page in
that dialog box; if you do it on the General tab, you should see
the radio button for Browse Folders move to the other position.

You'll have to go back to the View settings and make whatever
changes you made initially.

Bonnie Granat | www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US

> I'm running Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2. I've
> always had
> the Folder Options set to "Open each folder in the same window,"
and
> _still do_. Despite this, Windows has started opening every
folder in
> its own window.
>
> Among the suggestions so far that have failed (thanks to all
> who tried):
> * "Set it to NOT open each in its own window, OK your way
out,
> then go back in and set it again."
> * "Try holding down <Ctrl> while closing a window."
> * "Pick a folder, set it to display in the same window,
> and then apply that folder's settings to all folders."
>
> My guess is that there's a registry setting that I need to
change.

> Any new ideas?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com