RE: Disadvantages of angle brackets?

Subject: RE: Disadvantages of angle brackets?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 15:25:10 -0400

I've always called it the "greater than" symbol, which seemed
intuitive because of the conceptual and physical act of drilling
down through menu choices.

In any manuals in which I've used them, there appears a
Typographical Conventions section in the first chapter. Now, to the
objection that "nobody reads that part of the manual," I would say
that people are always capable of resisting their ingrained and
perhaps old-fashioned way of approaching software manuals.

Bonnie Granat | www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com