Fw: London...

Subject: Fw: London...
From: "Phillip St. James" <saint0 -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:30:02 -0700

Clearly, the horrors inflicted on London today are criminal. But I hope that at least some folks understand that this kind of incendiary behavior is revenge for the many transgressions inflicted on innocent non-Western peoples by Western business and political practices.

The bombings are not right, but the causes can easily be seen if one wants to look at the underpinnings soberly. Taking other folks' lands and resources, despoiling legitimate leadership, and perpetually impoverishing them can't be a good thing in the long or even the short run.

Take Africa... In the last 30 years, Africa has paid more tht double what it borrowed from the World Bank, the IMF and other Western financiers. The chickens are coming home to roost...

Maybe justice in the Middle East can change the course of the mess we are all in...

My question has long been, do non-"modern" peoples always have an obligation to blithely yield their present and futures to more technologically sophisticated and invasive peoples? Do their lives truly count as fully human?

It seems clear to me that everyone has the right to evolve at their own pace and in their own ways... We 7 billion human beings are not all the same and nothing can change that.

FWIW,

-phillip
Menlo Park, CA

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com