Any alternatives for WebWorks FinalDraft?

Subject: Any alternatives for WebWorks FinalDraft?
From: Paresh Naik <paresh -dot- n -dot- naik -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:21:58 +0530

Hi,

Does anyone know of competitor products for WebWorks FinalDraft,
products for streamlining document reviews?

Following are the details.

Situation:

I have to manage several documents and there are several reviewers for
each of the document. Most of the reviewers are remotely located and
e-mail is the primary medium of communication with them.

The deliverables are in PDF and Webhelp formats. I use Framemaker,
Framemaker +WWP for most of the documents, while some PDFs are created
via MS Word + Acrobat.

A couple of reviewers have Acrobat Professional while the rest of them
use Acrobat Reader. The review comments are sent to me either via
e-mail or via comments inserted in PDF files.

Problem:

The number of documents and reviewers I have to manage are increasing
and I am suspecting it's going to be difficult to manage the review
comments by using just the flags and categories for the e-mails in my
Outlook.

I am considering WebWorks FinalDraft and looking at the description on
their website, it appears to have most of the features I am looking
for:
-Allow comments and discussions
-See comments and discussions from all reviewers in one view
-Reply, redirect, set status for comments
-Jump from the comments and discussions to related location in the
source document.

Questions:

Is WebWorks FinalDraft the only software to achieve this? Are there
any other alternative packages that I should be considering before
approaching my boss?

I am assuming that in a situation where all the reviewers don't have
Acrobat professional, it isn't possible to achieve the above
objectives using Acrobat's commenting feature. Is that correct?

For those who are using FinalDraft:
-What happens to comments and discussions when I rearrange the
chapters or move a bulk of text from one chapter to the other?
- Suppose you release one version for review, receive comments, make
substantial changes but some comments are still pending and you
release the updated copy (a new version) for another review. Can the
pending comments from the review of earlier version be easily imported
in the newer, updated version?
- Are there any limitations of FinalDraft that I should be warned of beforehand?

I'd appreciate your suggestions, answers, experiences- whatever you
think can help in this decision.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks,
Paresh