RE: technical term consistency

Subject: RE: technical term consistency
From: "Gretchen StahmerDemoss" <gstahmer -at- vernier -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:29:46 -0700

You're so right! We're a small company that has grown exponentially over the last five years. Our policy up to now has been to "wing it". My supervisor is finally starting to hear my pleas to put together a company style guide. I think this project has finally opened his eyes.

Thanks to all of you who have offered advice. In order to keep this project on track (so I can go on vacation when it goes to print) I've elected to go through every lab and fix the consistency problems. I sort of morphed into the company tech writer and much of this is new to me.

Gretchen

It seems to me that what you need is a style guide for your manual.

Bonnie Granat | www.GranatEdit.com
bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com
Cambridge, Massachusetts, US

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com