Re: Drawing Package Referral

Subject: Re: Drawing Package Referral
From: Jefro <jefro -at- jefro -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:37:50 -0700

Then IT upgraded us to Visio 2000, and now the drawings look horrible when saved to .emf and imported to FrameMaker (and the .pdf and .html that is generated from the FrameMaker file).

I would be very surprised if Visio 2k is the culprit here. More likely, your Visio settings were just what you needed, and they were wiped out in the upgrade. This makes sense since the older version doesn't work when reinstalled.

Some things to try:

1. If Visio asks, make sure you are exporting at "print resolution" (300dpi) rather than "screen resolution" (96dpi).

2. Try WMF rather than EMF.

Going to Illustrator might be the best move for the future, but I have had quite good luck getting Visio to do what I wanted it to do, which is similar to what you described---simple, precise drawings mixing raster & vector.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com