RE: techwr-l digest: July 31, 2005

Subject: RE: techwr-l digest: July 31, 2005
From: Sohrab Illava <sohrabillava -at- bigpond -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 23:51:59 +1000

Thanks all for your suggestions will try them out.

As Bonnie Granat inquired what actually happens when I give the print command:
The Document prints without any graphics - just the place holders with a small red x
The graphics in the document disappear similarly replaced by place holders with a small x
Closing and reopening the document refreshes all the graphics.

Trust this helps

Thanks again

Best Regards
Sohrab Illava

From: Sohrab Illava <sohrabillava -at- bigpond -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 00:48:41 +1000

Hi All

I have a problem with linked Graphics in Word. I have searched the
archives and the help files before putting this to you all.

I am using Word 2002 on XP and have created a template for a set of
documents I am working on. I have used this template previously for
documents without a hitch. However this time around I have a problem while
printing a newly created document. As with other documents the graphics
are linked from a graphics sub-folder located within the same folder as
the word document. I have also checked and compared the settings in Tools
> Options as well as printer settings. I can view the graphics in Print
Preview and in all views. However as soon as I give a print command the
graphics disappear from all views and are replaced by an empty
placeholder, though the picture placeholder option is deselected. They
reappear once I close and reopen the document. When I print other
documents originating from the same template and with similarly linked
graphics, these check out OK. There are over 40 graphics in the document
and I shiver at the thought of imbedding and saving them in the document.

Any Suggestions???

Thanks & Cheers and have a great weekend

Sohrab Illava

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com