Re: Paragraph numbering - industry standard?

Subject: Re: Paragraph numbering - industry standard?
From: Michele <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:02:39 -0500

Sarah, I know it's ugly and cumbersome, but numbering each paragraph helps programmers (and sometimes writers) speak more effectively about that paragraph. I'd like to draw your attention to section 5.2.1.1., so I'd say, ugly though it is, you should probably keep numbering paragraphs if most of your audience is techies.

Just MO.

Michele

---------------
Michele E. Davis, Writer
Kraut Companies
612-824-3516
612-309-6903 (cell)
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber geek empyre

siliconwriter -at- comcast -dot- net wrote:

My question is: is it still an industry standard to put paragraph numbers on each and every freakin’ paragraph? Most of the commercial, third-party programming books I’ve seen don’t do that. Sarah

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com