Re: Agile programming

Subject: Re: Agile programming
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 14:00:21 -0500 (CDT)

David is right about this. ISO only requires that you document what you
do. Quality is your own low standard. What is pathetic, is that many ISO
certified companies can't meet their own low standards. They often require
ludicrous procedures to be fulfilled for the simplest processes.

Complexity is often mistaken for quality.

Scott

> A minor quibble for those who aren't familiar with ISO--it isn't a
> regulatory body and certification is strictly optional for those who
> wish to gain the recognition that ISO certification may entail.
>
> People who are much more current than am I regarding ISO cert issues
> often claim that it can enshrine processes that often should instead
> be replaced as being cumbersome and unnecessarily costly.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com