Does anyone know cross-functional flow documentation?

Subject: Does anyone know cross-functional flow documentation?
From: "Winkelspecht, Laura" <Laura -dot- Winkelspecht -at- shopko -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:02:38 -0500

Trying again...HTML denial

Dan G asks:

I'm going on an interview tomorrow and I need a crash course on identify
cross-functional flow documentation. I done Visio process flows but
methinks this is a bit more convoluted and complicated. How much so? Or
am I going to be blown out of the water?

*******
De-lurking from digest since I didn't see an answer posted yet, and your
request seemed pretty urgent. Hope this is what you're looking for. I
haven't used process mapping in a quite some time, but the old
management here was so high on it that they sent me to a Pritchett
seminar. It doesn't make me an expert, but I do still have the book. : )

Cross Functional Flow Documentation is used to document a process that
crosses more than one job role or function. It's the kind of flow chart
with swim lanes with each row representing a separate function/job role.
You document a process by stepping out the process and putting boxes in
the appropriate swim lanes with inputs and outputs. I've seen these
charts put up on a wall and covering a room. They can get very lengthy
if they're detailed. My version of Visio (2000) has a template for them.

Laura Winkelspecht
Green Bay, WI

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com