Adobe Designer 7.0 Dynamic PDF Forms Inquiry

Subject: Adobe Designer 7.0 Dynamic PDF Forms Inquiry
From: "Nuckols, Kenneth M" <Kenneth -dot- Nuckols -at- mybrighthouse -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:00:31 -0400

Hi all,

I'm asking here in case someone can come up with the answer more quickly
than I can find it through Adobe's local, online, or user forum help. I
was asked this morning to start a new project which will involve
creating dynamic PDF forms we will send to customers for them to
complete and send back to us. Today I started playing with Adobe
Designer 7.0 and I've figured out how to build forms and tested them
with co-workers. They work fine with one slight problem-when the end
user Submits data back to me, I get only the data they entered and I
don't get the entire PDF document back.

My "internal" customer for this project is the Commercial Sales team,
who are fine with Excel and Word, but their eyes glaze over at anything
that looks like code. I need to figure out a way to do one of the
following with the final product I deliver:

When the external customer clicks the Submit button, return the entire
PDF form (static or dynamic at this point) with the data fields filled
in to the sales rep (so the rep sees the data "in context" and in the
proper place on the form), or
Somehow embed the intelligence in the return e-mail to automatically
launch the dynamic PDF form on the rep's computer and populate it with
the data the customer supplied (again, so the rep sees the data "in
context" and in the proper place on the form).

The data that the form returns in my tests includes instructions on how
to view the data as it would appear in the form, but this is a manual
process that no sales rep is going to take the time to do-it needs to be
done for him or her by the computer.

Another item to keep in mind-to my knowledge the only tool the reps will
have available to them on their computers is Acrobat Reader (with the
form plug-in). They do not have full Acrobat, and they certainly don't
have Adobe Designer.

Okay so now I'm off to Adobe's help and online forums, but if anyone
here knows the answer I'd appreciate some feedback.

Take care and thanks!

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com