Re: Where do you place the Glossary hyperlink? Phase 2 question

Subject: Re: Where do you place the Glossary hyperlink? Phase 2 question
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 09:26:49 -0700 (PDT)

> Just out of curiosity, John, have you thought about treating these
> kinds of links like a figure (e.g., putting them in once in a part

Actually, I have...at the end of every process; a process can be a
half page or several pages, I have a section called

XXX Components (where XXX is the name of the process)

In this section I list all database tables, stored procedures, ASP,
and .NET components (all hyperlinked) involved in that particular
process, whether they where mentioned in the body of that section or
not.

I know, the question presents itself...how can I mention some
components in the body and not others. I'll give an example. In the
body, I mention that a record in the _source table is copied to the
_archive table upon a certain status condition. However, in real
life, it is a stored procedure that reads the condition from a table
and does the copying, and it is an ASP page that conforms the action
was completed successfuly. It is these components that are included
in the end section.

It is by having this end section that I don't have to clutter up the
content by mentioning every instance of each component, only the ones
that help explain what the process does....not how the components
perform it

Again...any comments from anyone?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer