Re: Other options: was: Re: robodemo vs. viewletbuilder

Subject: Re: Other options: was: Re: robodemo vs. viewletbuilder
From: David Castro <thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:38:14 -0400

On 8/26/05, David Neeley <dbneeley -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> If that does not suffice, I would also consider OpenLaszlo:
> http://openlaszlo.org.
>
> For any who has not seen the demos of the Laszlo product, you are in
> for a very pleasant surprise.

While Laszlo is a very cool program/language, i don't believe it would
be a good choice for creating product demos, based on my experience
with it.

I've used ViewletBuilder, and find it VERY easy to use. Easier than
Camtasia, which I used several years (read: likely several releases)
ago. ViewletBuilder is easy to update when screens are updated, where
the Camtasia version I used would require that you re-record the whole
demo.

-David Castro
thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com