RE: FM problem saving book as PDF

Subject: RE: FM problem saving book as PDF
From: "Fred Ridder" <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:20:07 -0400

When you open these files directly, do you get any sort of warning
or message? Like an unresolved cross-reference warning or an
unavailable font warning? If so, that's your problem. When you
print a book or save it as PDF, FrameMaker needs to be able to
open each component without *any* warning or message. One
workaround is to open all the component files before you invoke
the print or save as PDF operation. (The easy way to do that is
to press Shift before you pull down the File menu, at which point
all the commands are changed from operating on a single file to
operating on "all files in book".)

My opinions only; I don;t speak for Intel
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ

From: Gérald Bourguignon <gbourguignon -at- allianzmadvac -dot- com>
Subject: FM problem saving book as PDF
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:50:39 -0400

I'm having a problem saving a book as PDF in FM 7.1 for Windows. FM tells me
that it cannot open a file. I have 2 books and FM gives a similar message
for both (e.g., "Couldn't open Foreword.fm"). Thus I have not been able to
save either book as PDF. I can open the files (that FM says it cannot open)
individually in FM and then save them as PDF, however this isn't very
productive (i.e., I subsequently have to assemble the files in Acrobat).

I checked the manual and the FM support area on Adobe's web site, but
nothing appears to address this problem directly.

All the FM files reside on my hard drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

---
Gérald Bourguignon