Re: Corporate World vs. Small Company: Considerations?

Subject: Re: Corporate World vs. Small Company: Considerations?
From: Suzette Leeming <suzette -dot- leeming -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 10:05:06 -0400

thought I'd throw my experience in here. I have recently taken a
drop in pay and started working for a smaller company outside of the
metropolis. The drive certainly is better and calmer.

This of the opportunity to learn something new (that should solve the
boredom) as well as the benefit you will be to the smaller company.
Sometimes feeling like you are really making a difference can be quite
rewarding.

There are more important things in life than money - satisfaction in
your job, good mental and physical health, etc. Plus, I have found
that smaller companies care more about you. While you may not be able
to negotiate additional benefits, you may be able to negotiate a
shorter work week, occasional telecommuting, etc.

At the end of the day, it's important that you're happy, motivated and
productive. Personally, I think money only becomes the deciding factor
when the rest is missing (assuming you can afford the pay drop).

Suzette Leeming
Stouffville, ON

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com