Re: Invoicing

Subject: Re: Invoicing
From: Martin Bosworth <martinhbosworth -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:54:11 -0400

On 9/21/05, Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com> wrote:

> Martin and Julia,
>
> Martin's right about Quickbooks. It's pretty much overkill for most
> consultants or companies that do not have more employees than the
> owners; however, Quicken for Home and Business is another story. A few
> years back I was looking to move from Quicken ( program I've used since
> it was DOS based) to something that could handle a small business
> without employees. Quicken for Home and Business fit the bill. It's in
> between Quicken and Quickbooks and it's great for creating invoices,
> tracking cash flow and organizing income/expenses for tax time. You can
> easily add your own logo, etc., and it integrates easily with the
> software used by most accounting firms. AND...when your fledgling
> business grows to a megacompany, you can easily upgrade to Quickbooks.

Al,

You're not the first person to sing the praises of Quicken
Home/Business to me, actually. I have Quicken 2003 at home, and have
never gotten the handle on how to use it for expenses or bill
tracking. I'm told QHB has a flatter learning curve.

I'm also wary of using Quicken products because I hate the fact that
Quicken Loans so aggressively promote creative mortgage financing, but
that's an entirely different subject and probably way off topic. :)

Martin

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com