Re: Invoicing

Subject: Re: Invoicing
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 16:12:29 -0400

Martin,

My wife had a hard time getting the handle of it too, but it was because she has over 25 years experience in financial institutions and was so used to "their" way of doing things. It's like when I try to use a Mac, I end up frustrated because I make it too hard. I do admit that the one major problem I had with QHB was that all of their documentation is online. You just can't sit down are read about it while enjoying the latest Iron Chef rerun. It takes a few tries to set up the customer accounts properly, but once you do, then invoice and customer tracking is a snap. I've never been subject to their mortgage services, or if I did, I labeled it as junk mail the first time it showed up in my mailbox.

IMHO, it's much easier to set up and use than creating a spreadsheet because of the customer and tax tacking functions, and the reporting functions make it easier to keep track of who's a chronic late payer, how your cash flow looks, etc.

Al

Martin Bosworth wrote:

I have Quicken 2003 at home, and have
never gotten the handle on how to use it for expenses or bill
tracking. I'm told QHB has a flatter learning curve.

I'm also wary of using Quicken products because I hate the fact that
Quicken Loans so aggressively promote creative mortgage financing, but
that's an entirely different subject and probably way off topic. :)

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
Technical Writing, Online Help, Marketing Collateral, Web Design, Award Winning Videos, Professional Photography

Cell: 505-400-4128
E-mail: al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com <mailto:al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>

See also:

"When the situation is absolutely hopeless, you have nothing to worry about."
Compliments of The Monkey Wrench Gang

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com