RE: Exercise to get participants involved

Subject: RE: Exercise to get participants involved
From: "Amanda Abelove" <AAbelove -at- reald -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:25:12 -0700

Here is a good rule of thumb - When you are building a team, do
icebreakers. When you are getting strangers together, do introductions.

I sent my favorite method offline, but here it is: Set up your training
slides so that every 3-4 slides, you have a pop quiz on what the group
just learned. This does the following things: 1) makes people pay
attention 2) breaks up the monotony 3) gets it interactive 4) repeats
important points so that they remember what they need to know. I also
give out candy and hats/t-shirts/pins and other collateral as prizes for
stumpers.

Amanda Abelove | Technical Communications Consultant
REAL D
100 N. Crescent Dr. Suite 120
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(p) 310-385-4057 | (f) 310-385-4001 | aabelove -at- reald -dot- com
http://www.reald.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com