Re: salary for entry level position...

Subject: Re: salary for entry level position...
From: Michele <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:19:34 -0500

If you want the job, I'd put it back in the recruiter's lap and ask what they are offering. What I usually say (and I'm an 18 year veteran of working with recruiters, did it even in college for English-to-French translation) is: "I'm not really sure what the market will bear, is this the best price?"

If you want the experience and the job, money shouldn't matter, as long as you have your needs met by your salary (i.e., food, clothing, rent/mortgage payment, etc.)

There is a book out that I want to get. It's about a woman in Los Angeles who was a teacher. She made $40K a year and saved $10K of it every year in order to help her disadvantaged students attend University. Can you imagine the discipline she must have had to save 1/4 of her income to be spent on her students? It wasn't for her retirement or stocks or something that would sustain her as she grew older. It was money she saved and then it was gone. Wow!

Michele

---------------
Michele E. Davis, Writer
Kraut Companies
612-824-3516
612-309-6903 (cell)
www.krautgrrl.com
www.krautboy.com
and the uber geek empyre

This will be my
first position as a technical writer and I'm not real sure what salary
I should ask for. Anyone have any thoughts?
Some of the salary surveys I've seen seem to indicate around $40,000.
Does that seem reasonable?

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com