Re: Asking The Billing Rate?

Subject: Re: Asking The Billing Rate?
From: Jefro <jefro -at- jefro -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:25:58 -0700

PACE offers "back office" services for contractors. They are in essence a very inexpensive contract agency---they don't go out and find you jobs, but when you have one that requires you to incorporate, PACE is by far the cheapest way to do it. They handle billing the client and paying the contractor, who is treated tax-wise as a W2 employee and given the opportunity for 401(k), group health insurance, etc.

I am not a PACE employee, contractor, or provider, nor am I involved with them in any context. However, as a potential contractor who has had difficulty both in obtaining private health insurance and in understanding the 1099 tax & deductions situation, I greatly appreciate their existence and hope to make use of their services.

http://www.pacepros.com. I haven't figured out exactly what that
organization is offering, but it's selling some services, apparently. It's

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com