RE: "New Media"

Subject: RE: "New Media"
From: "William Turner" <wturner -at- force10networks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:22:03 -0700

Brenda,

You asked "...how many of you are using blogs and/or wikis in your
work?"
It got me thinking about how my company might use blogs in its document
review process. That "process" pretty much consists of emails back and
forth, with varying levels of distribution, with the email threads
always in danger of getting buried in the general email barrage.

My idea is to post a document for review at an internal URL that
provides blog facilities so that reviewers could post their comments for
all to see.

This concept seems so obvious to me that I have the feeling that some of
you are going to ask me on what deserted island I have been living for
the past 10 years.

And, Brenda, because my idea seems so obvious, I imagine that it is not
what you had in mind when you asked your question, so I will apologize
for my apparent but unintentional attempt to hijack your subject thread.

--Will Turner

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com