Re: Style Guide Question - documenting paragraph tags

Subject: Re: Style Guide Question - documenting paragraph tags
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 14:35:01 -0800 (PST)

> style, etc.). However, what I read seemed to indicate you
> should break down exactly what makes up the style (font size,
> word spacing, weight, etc).

Julia..

Don't do anything because you read something by somesone who tells
you how to make unneccessary work for yourself. Remember...it is YOUR
style guide for YOUR documents. Only do what you need to do to make
your job easier olr to avoid errors.

Someone posted a link to something called Mifmuncher. I use the the
style functionality within Enhance. Using an application to report on
your styles with X level of detail is always going to be better than
creating all kinds of details manualy because it is always easier to
click a button or menu item than manually update all kinds of
details...you won't do it.

What I also do is have a document with each style listed by name. I
then apply the style to that name. Now, at any time, I can select
that style, enter CTRL-M or D, and get all the details I coluld ever
need.

Don't make more work for yourself than absolutely necessary.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer

"What do we want? More than
anybody else has."