AW: {*} GUI elements - how do you format them in your docs?

Subject: AW: {*} GUI elements - how do you format them in your docs?
From: "Andreas Ternes" <aternes -at- invitec -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:05:17 +0100

Hi Carla,

we are not following a certain style guide here in Germany (maybe because there is nothing like the MSMSTP or the Sun guide), but in our manuals we use small caps to format GUI elements.

Example:

HTH and greetings from Germany
Andreas Ternes

----
I'm wondering what other people, especially those with usability
experience, have to say about formatting of window/dialog titles,
buttons, menu item selections, and such. We're discussing standards
within our group, but it's always nice to get other people's opinions
and see how you're doing it.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com