Re: David Pogue's column - New York Time

Subject: Re: David Pogue's column - New York Time
From: arroxaneullman -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:06:52 -0500

As a former Marine, I have a feeling this is partially due to any Marine's self-inflated perception of his/her role in the universe. ;)

Yes, many people think writing is easy, so technical writing must be just as easy. That's like saying sewing is easy, so making all your own clothes is easy, too.

Loan the Marine a book on Technical Writing. Ask him to read it and then come back to you and tell you that you don't earn your keep. Also, direct him to some of the job boards so he can see what technical writers do aside from "just write."

Best of luck!

Arroxane, former US Marine